Other Family Law Services
  1. Home
  2.  » 
  3. Family Law
  4.  » Other Family Law Services

Other Family Law Services

Family law is one of the most important areas of law because it impacts families on a daily basis. When you are facing a crisis at home or need help with a legal issue involving your family, an experienced family law attorney can help.

At Anitra R. Price, P.C., we provide exceptional legal service in a number of areas of family law other than divorce and child custody. With over 15 years of legal experience, our founding attorney, Anita R. Price, has the knowledge, dedication and compassion you deserve when working through issues related to your family.


Final Judgments of Divorce, Custody and Child Support can be modified upon the occurrence of a change in circumstances. Circumstances that can change involve financial circumstances that would warrant changing child support and alimony obligations. Issues concerning visitation can also occur which would warrant changing or modifying custody or visitation with children.

Family Violence/Stalking

We provide compassionate, yet aggressive defense and prosecution of Petitions for 6 month, 12 month and Permanent Protection and Anti-Stalking Orders. Court appearances in Family Violence cases are required after an Ex Parte Temporary Order of Protection has been issued.

Legitimation And Custody

This action involves cases in which a couple who has never been married has a child. The Father has no rights until his child is declared to be his legitimate child by way of a court order. Therefore, the Father has no rights to custody or visitation with his child until he obtains an Order of Legitimation. However, please note that this does not prevent the father from being obligated to pay child support for his child. Thus, it is imperative that a father obtain his rights to custody and visitation with his child.

Grandparent’s Rights

Defend and seek Grandparent Rights. Note that Grandparents can seek custody and/or visitation rights in situations in which cases concerning custody of the grandchildren are presently pending. A grandparent’s chances are also increased when the issues concerning the safety and welfare of the grandchildren are at stake. Please note that a Grandparent can file a Petition for Grandparent’s Rights in order to assert that the grandparent’s claim that the grandchild’s best interest is protected through the grandparent having custody or visitation with the grandchild or grandchildren.

Name Change

We also represents clients in proceedings to change their legal names. This process involves filing the appropriate petition with a Superior Court in the State of Georgia and causing legal notice to be published in the appropriate newspaper of the county of the client’s residence. Upon the completion of the publication period, client and counsel will appear in court and explain to the judge the reason for granting the name change.

If you have questions in these or any other areas of family law, please do not hesitate to contact us. From our office in Fayetteville, we help people throughout Fayette County, Coweta County, Henry County, Clayton County and other southside Atlanta communities. Call 770-461-0023 today to get started.